Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Typo but it stays...

Just a little tuesday LOLz for ya...

Something hilarious happened to me last week at work. I do chat-based tech support for a huge hard drive company- I only deal with the internal employees so it's far less painful than regular tech support, and I really love my job. Last friday though, I secured my place in the company's hall of fame.

I had an employee on chat that needed his laptop reimaged due to a virus infestation. I typed this to him- "Just so I'm clear, you're needing to reinstall the OS/reimage the hard disk, right?"

Only I didn't type DISK. I typed something much worse, something that will go down in the company's history as one of the most epic typos ever. Yes, I typed DICK. I hurriedly added "DISK, sorry!" and fortunately, the user was quite professional about it. He was silent for a few minutes, no doubt laughing hysterically on his end, then replied "yes". I know why I typed that, its quite an innocent mistake. I write in Russian a lot, and the Russian S is C in english, and I'm always typing stuff like 'ctart' & whatnot on accident. But this is by far the worst typo I've ever made.

Of course, by the end of the day it was all over the company, and I was getting congratulated by all my coworkers. Even one of the IT guys found me on Gchat & said "Thanks for the laugh!". I learned that the chat logs are automatically saved into each respective service ticket, and are viewable by all! I honestly thought I was gonna get disciplined or even fired, but then I heard that the big boss laughed the hardest. This is why I love my job :D

I now am the butt of nympho jokes at work, and one of my coworkers has saved me in his phone as 'hard disk'. This incident has vastly increased my popularity at work, lol...

I honestly don't know whether to be horrified or proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment