Sunday, January 3, 2010

Telepathy- fantasy or possibility?

The human brain is a most amazing organ. It regulates the entire body, from blinking the eyes to digestion. It is capable of unbelievable feats, and god only knows what it's capable of that we don't even know about yet. If we could unlock the secrets of the brain, there's no limit to what we could do. Case in point- there have always been speculations about whether telepathy, AKA mental communication, is possible. The commonly held belief among the public is that it is not possible(though the popularity of psychic phone lines belies this, lol), but I have a theory that may offer up some insight as to why it actually IS possible.

The human brain basically operates on electricity. It sends out jolts to make your muscles move, your heart beat, your lungs expand, etc. Our brains emit waves as well, kind of like radio waves. What's to say that one person's brain is incapable of 'tuning in' to another person's brain if they happen to be emitting the same frequency? Just like tuning a radio to a specific broadcast. I believe it is entirely possible, although actual occurrences of 2 brains of close proximity being on the same frequency at the same time must be rare. It has happened to me before though, I have had instances of 'shared thoughts'. It almost always happened when I was in a deep relaxation state, almost asleep. It happened just a few months ago with my ex- We were laying in bed & I was falling asleep, and I was thinking about how he had been teasing my dog(a chihuahua) earlier that evening. Bear in mind, I was THINKING about it, I was not SAYING anything out loud. Right after I had that thought, he said OUT LOUD- "I wasn't teasing that chihuahua!". I nearly fell out of bed. I have no other explanation other than that he somehow picked up on my brain waves. If we could somehow learn to CONTROL what waves we emit(and I have no doubt there have been people who have achieved this), I believe voluntary telepathy is entirely possible. Mass mind control- not so much.

I also think brain waves are behind telekinesis too. Who says that a strong enough brain wave can't affect an object? Look at the Hutchison effect- the guy can make shit FLOAT with electric waves!

The brain kicks ass.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm.. If Nikola Tesla could make a wireless electricity machine for the mind? 0.o

    ReplyDelete